- Create a new hale project and import source and target schemas, as usual. Currently, for the source schema you are limited to schemas imported from a PostgreSQL database. For the target schema, a GML 3.2 application schema should be used.
- Turn on the XtraServer compatibility mode, to be notified when an incompatibility that makes the alignment not automatically translatable to an XtraServer mapping is detected.
- Import an XtraServer mapping file that matches the given source and target schemas to generate the new alignment.
- Optionally make changes to the alignment.
- Export the alignment as an XtraServer mapping file or archive.